With HMG relaxing a little on lockdown from the 13th May, it was good to see members socially distancing themselves on the water. The weekend of the 16th and 17th May saw a steady flow of members taking to the water. Both sailors and paddle-boarders were on the water and all kept clear of each other. Most were in single handers the only 2 man boats were those of same household groups, and it was great to see them as well.
On the Sunday, whilst many of the boats were covering the whole of the lake there was a period of time when the lasers were following each other round some of the marks, at the top end of the lake.
Just a quick reminder for those unaware. There are no formal events going ahead at the club and that includes racing.
- Social distancing to be followed at all times – guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home
- Leisure / recreational sailing and paddle-boarding permitted. Double handed sailing only permitted with same-household members
- New members applications welcome (experienced sailors / paddleboarders)
- Maintenance activities permitted
- No use of safety boats unless in emergency
- Under 16’s to be accompanied by adult household member
- Only use of club toilets permitted. No access to other areas except in emergencies
- Change at home
- Bar and kitchen closed
Come and enjoy the club and the atmosphere and something that will take away the strains and pressures of this very stressful time.